The goals of Kate's Place Early Education and Child Care Centres are to:
1. Provide a safe, happy and secure environment for children.
2. Assist the child to develop a positive self-image, to respect others, to encourage self-reliance and motivation by learning and to foster the ability to make choices, decisions and solve problems.
3. Provide an Early Childhood Program from which the curriculum is guided by the 'Early Years Learning Framework'.
4. Provide a creative play based learning environment which embraces a holistic approach to learning.
5. Promote learning appropriate to the child's development, range of experience and interests so that the child's cultural, physical, social, emotional and intellectual needs are met.
6. Foster the child's ability to understand, use and appreciate literacy and numeracy.
7. Assist the child to develop a range of appropriate social behaviours and understandings.
8. Foster imaginative and creative thinking and expression and to foster participation in a wide range of music, art, movement, dance and drama experiences appropriate to their age and developmental level.
9. Foster the child's ability to understand and use a variety of mediums in relation to technology.
10. Strive to provide the highest standard of health and safety.
11. Appreciate and support the parent's role as primary caregivers and educators of their children.
12. Build partnerships with families and build a sense of trust on which to establish a link between home and child care, in order to develop the best programs to meet the children's needs.
13. Undertake continual evaluation/improvement and implementation of policies and procedures to ensure high-quality standards.
14. Provide support for parents/carers who are in need of support within the scope of the childcare setting.
15. For educators to engage in ongoing learning and reflective practice.
16. Provide ongoing in-service training for staff to gain further knowledge and understanding of child care and encouragement and support of staff undertaking further studies in Early Childhood fields.
17. Assist all educators to be pedagogical leaders.
18. Provide resources and materials necessary for the ongoing development of children in the centre.