All you have to do is enroll & drop off
We provide a nurturing, all inclusive child care service with convenient hours 52 weeks a year
At Kate's Place, we have a family and child initiated approach to our children's programs where the children learn through play, guided by a certified curriculum that is in line with the 'Early Years Learning Framework’
We also provide a certified Kindergarten Program for children in the year prior to prep.
Our child care centres cater for children from 6 weeks to 12 years plus we are open from 6.30 am to 6.30 pm weekdays, 52 weeks a year. We also accommodate busy lifestyles and can look after school drop offs and pickups from any of our child care centres. When you enroll with us your child will receive a Kate’s Place hat & a T-shirt, we provide nutritious meals daily prepared in our kitchen onsite. For optimal convenience Kate’s Place has six child care centres located around Toowoomba, Helidon and Pittsworth making our kindergarten and child care services the best solution for you and your children.
Learn more about Kate's Place all inclusive child care services:
Our fees are all inclusive. We supply lunch, morning and afternoon teas, milk, lactose free and soy milk, sunscreen and tissues, bed linen, face washers and 'wet ones', nursery supplies - nappies, a limited range of formula, bottles, pacifiers and nappy rash cream.
Our aim is to provide your child with home-made quality meals. Meals include hot meals, salads, cold meats, sandwiches, cheese, fresh fruit, sweet and savoury afternoon tea, milk and water.
Our meals are prepared by our cooks in our centre’s kitchen and are based on providing delicious and nutritious meals incorporating the 5 major food groups. Children need fresh, nutritional and well-balanced meals. We provide this with a balanced and nutritional diet that aims to meet the average 2-5 year old child's nutritional requirements while in care (half of the daily nutritional requirement). The centres are nut free.
We advocate that mealtimes are an enjoyable event for the children and we encourage healthy eating attitudes.
Food preparation, serving and handling is managed in accordance with Safe Food Handling Practices and relevant staff have completed the necessary training in food handling/ hygiene and food preparation.
The kitchen is registered with the Toowoomba Regional Council as a food premises, and as such, is audited annually.
At Kate's Place, we try to make things as easy as possible for our parents. We provide a Kate’s Place hat & T-shirt upon enrolment.
Here is a list of things that you need to make sure are pack for your child:
- A shady hat for outdoor play - Kate's Place centres are fully accredited SUNSMART centres. Our policy is NO HAT - NO OUTDOOR PLAY
- A spare set of clothes - If your child is toilet training several sets of clothes may be needed including undergarments.
- If your child has special dietary requirements, it may be necessary for you to provide these. (Please discuss this with the Director)
* Children without a hat are restricted to playing in the shade of the verandahs during outdoor play. Children and staff apply 30+ sunscreen 15 - 20 minutes before outdoor play. Staff are required to wear broad brimmed hats, collars and sleeves and parents are encouraged to dress their children similarly.
We have an 'open door' policy for parents at our centres. Parent involvement is extremely important and we encourage parents and family members to become involved in our daily activities. By volunteering some of your spare time, you will better understand what we do and how your child spends part of their day.
Parents may become involved by:
- Visiting the Centre and joining in the program
- Sharing any special skills hobbies or interests that they may have
- Reading the notice boards, newsletters and messages in pockets
- Assisting with excursions
- Sharing your child's experiences with craft, story-telling, music, etc
- Viewing the program and discussing the displays, watching your child play in a group or helping with a puzzle
- Supporting fund raising activities and social events
- Discussing any problems or concerns with our staff